Saturday, June 16, 2018

Coming full circle...


It is very hard to read the early posts.

It is even harder to accept the reality.

The past three or four years have been the most challenging I have ever witnessed. We struggled to get him to graduate from high school but managed it. We fought to keep him on the path as he veered off, making his own path. 

A couple of months after  he turned 18, I bailed him out of jail with the house up as collateral and borrowed against my retirement to get him the best attorney we could afford. He got him a sweet deal which would have removed the charge, conditioned on his going to school.

Two weeks before he turned 19, he got himself arrested and put back in jail.

I know now this is a lesson he must learn; I will not rescue him so that he can grow.

I am grieving.